There is a lot of buzz in training circles about Driver Gamification. In case you're not familiar with the term, it’s taking something that isn’t typically a game – for instance, safe driving techniques – and adding an element of competition in order to incent a behavior change. Typically, this is done within a peer group, so drivers are competing against each other, either individually or within a team.
23 May 2018; Beame, a brand by MiX Telematics, announced plans to roll out its first Enterprise Development based, mobile fitment centre which will be exhibited at the South Africa Bike Festival, taking place at the Kyalami Grand Prix from the 25 & 27 May 2018.
Richard Gifford, CIO at logistics giant Wincanton, is taking his firm on a journey: his aim is to create a digital supply chain and develop what he calls the 'Internet of Transport'. Gifford, who became CIO at the firm in April 2017, is already making progress towards that destination, creating a new business strategy through digital transformation. "Just take some pragmatic steps forward and don't be afraid of failure. Fail fast, learn from the things that don't go as expected, adjust and move on," says Gifford.
Driver incentives is often overlooked by fleet managers but it is a vital component in the process of creating a safe, efficient fleet. Learn how a driver incentive program can boost fleet performance and your bottom line.
MiX Telematics channel partner, Continental Italy, has seen significant success by making telematics a large part of their sales. Around 80% of their sales currently focus on telematics with tachograph sales taking up the remaining 20%. Let's dive into a quick telematics sales case study.
Earlier in the month, the House Transportation Committee attached a directive to this yearÕs Transportation, Housing and Urban Development (THUD) appropriations bill. At the time, there was speculation that the event could end up delaying or repealing the Federal Motor Carrier Safety AdministrationÕs (FMCSA) ELD mandate set to go into effect on December 18.
The term 'big data' has been roaming the halls for a while now. It's a phrase used to describe large volumes of data, both structured and unstructured, generated on a daily basis. But it's not the volume of data that counts. You can have all the data in world, but it's what you do - or can do - with that data that makes the difference.
In the U.S, in-cab video is more commonly available as a third-party offering. What this means for fleet managers and owners is that they have to invest even more to use another telematics provider's software to sync this visual evidence.
From monitoring customers in a supermarket to keeping tabs on traffic congestion on major highways, video surveillance is used to great effect across the world. So why shouldn't it be used in the road transport industry to survey driver behavior and effectively improve road safety?
Integrated in-vehicle monitoring systems have been proven to save fleet owners and managers plenty in time and money - but the biggest benefit affects the drivers themselves: in-cab video can help prevent accidents and save lives.
Know someone who points out all the little mistakes you make when driving? Annoying, right but what if it makes you a better driver in the long run? Learn why a driving performance app can make a big difference in driver safety.
Not all electronic logging devices (ELDs) are made equal and it's vital that you choose one that meets all the specifications set out in the ELD Mandate/Final Rule if you want to be compliant and avoid being fined.
If it's been said once, it's been said a thousand times over: don't wait until the last minute to become ELD Mandate compliant. The earlier these electronic logging devices are installed, the better Ð especially as the process of doing so and training the appropriate employees will likely take longer than expected.
Yes, you must use electronic logging devices (ELD) to comply with the ELD Mandate. And, yes, you will have to invest quite a bit of time and money in transitioning to an ELD system that fulfils all the regulations outlined in the FMCSAÕs Final Rule. But, as weÕve said in an earlier post, there are plenty of benefits that come from moving from paper and pen to web and wireless technology.