Successful government departments rely on telematics systems to improve fleet utilization and ensure compliance with regulatory and environmental legislation.
Fleet Solutions for Government
Government and public sector agencies are under relentless pressure to cut costs, while retaining a high standard of service. These challenges can and are being met within Government fleets through the adoption of vehicle telematics systems, as offered by MiX Telematics.
Fleet vehicles typically account for a large part of a Government agency’s annual budget. For that reason, they have begun looking for ways to optimize fleet utilization while ensuring that they comply with existing and new regulatory and environmental legislation.
Vehicle telematics systems, like those developed by MiX Telematics, offer unique features, such as:
- Mobile workforce management.
- Routing capabilities to dispatch drivers more efficiently.
- Alerts and reports for driving violations, and subsequent corrective action.
- Driver ID keys to prevent unauthorized behavior and false claims.
- Fuel usage reports.
- Carbon emission calculation and reduction.
MiX Telematics has customized solutions for various customers in this industry, including Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council in South Africa and PAEW in Oman.
- Last updated on .