Fast moving consumer goods
The ability to locate vehicles and optimize delivery schedules using a telematics systems is key to the success of fleets operating within the FMCG industry.
Fleet Solutions for the Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry
Customers like SPAR in South Africa and PepsiCo in Egypt have the unique challenge of transporting perishable and breakable goods – often across long distances and to tight schedules.
MiX Telematics solutions form an integral part of these fleet operations, helping to:
- Track vehicles, drivers and loads in real-time and historically.
- Optimize routing, often for multiple vehicles.
- Monitor driver behavior with a view to reducing fuel usage and accident rates.
- Minimize wastage and damage to goods.
- Reduce business risk and improve safety.
- Improve service levels.
For FMCG, where keeping tabs on stock is vital, another important consideration is the security of goods in transit. MiX Telematics systems not only provide customized real-time alerts for violations, but hardware to record incidents and recover stolen vehicles *.
* In South Africa.
- Last updated on .