MiX Vision from MiX Telematics captures and delivers video footage of events to FM-Web, MiX Telematics’s online information and tracking portal. Footage is captured using a tamper-resistant on-board video recording unit with two cameras. This works in conjunction with MiX Telematics’s FM Communicator on-board computer.
When an event occurs, the system triggers the automatic upload of two fifteen-second videos – one showing the driver and one showing the road. Fleet managers can then go online to view these videos alongside trip and event information on a map or timeline.
There is also the option to request a two-and-a-half minute high-resolution video clip recorded within the previous 72-hours a vehicle was in-trip. Events are customisable, with dozens to choose from, and can include anything from harsh events, like braking, to accidents and door open.
MiX Vision is the perfect tool for risk managers, distribution teams, driver training initiatives, incident analysis, as well as for health and safety purposes. It's visual clarity when it matters most.
Tamperproof, dual-camera unit
The in-vehicle camera unit houses two cameras: one road-facing and one driver-facing. This allows for simultaneous capturing of road-view and driver-view video footage linked to an event, without the risk of tampering.
Event-triggered video events
Customers can choose from dozens of events to trigger recordings. When these events occur, a low-resolution video will be uploaded with footage 8 seconds before and 7 seconds after the event occurred.
High-quality videos on demand
To save on download times and operating costs, only low-resolution videos are uploaded initially. But high-resolution versions of each video are stored and easily available for download if required.
72 hours of video playback
When supporting footage is needed, customers can request high-resolution video clips from the previous 72-hour period of a vehicle being in-trip. These clips are 2½ minutes in length.
Full integration in FM-Web
MiX Vision is accessed via FM-Web, and greatly enhances its existing benefits. This includes access to movement, event, and trip and utilisation reports. When video footage associated with an event is available, MiX Vision adds value to existing report data.
Improved driver safety
- Train drivers using video examples
- Hear audible warnings for critical events
- Monitor drivers, co-drivers and passengers
- Reduce accidents and traffic violations
- Defend false accident claims
- Ensure responsible and effective use of vehicles
Control over your fleet
- Understand vehicle utilisation
- Improve driver skills and efficiency
- Manage violations by exception
The Driver Code Plug boasts the following technical specifications:
- Unit dimensions: 145mm x 107mm x 28mm
- Operating voltage: 7-32 VDC
- Power consumption: <60mW (ignition off) – 3W (idle)
- Operating temperature: -30℃ to 65℃
- Mounting: adhesive mounting bracket on camera, screws and tie wrap on main unit
- Camera: 1/3” Sony Colour CCD
- Minimum illumination: 0.5 (day)/0.01 (night) Lux
- Video compression: H.264
- Resolution: Up to 704 x 576
- Frame rate: up to 20 fps per channel