With all the benefits of the MX1 Basic Security package, this enhanced package offers additional features that enable us to know that your vehicle is being tampered with through our DID (Driver Identification Device) technology.
Furthermore, with the extra additional benefit of Internet tracking*, you can be more in control of your vehicle’s whereabouts. You will also receive the first 30 positions per month for free when doing positioning over our internet tracking site!
* Internet Tracking requires registration by phoning (011) 654 8090 as well as Internet access.
- Battery Tamper Alarm
- Optional ignition tamper alarm
- Internet tracking
- Optional panic button
May lower your premium with most insurers
FastTrac enables us to locate and position a stolen vehicle within 30 seconds. We do this by accessing the extensive cell phone networks to track and locate vehicles. Unlike other major tracking companies we can remotely locate a vehicle, even if it is stationary!
Locate the proximity of your vehicle even when it is parked in a basement or under a roof, provided GSM coverage is available. This is made possible with GSM and RF technology. GSM Technology allows us to use an extensive range of GSM networks across South Africa to triangulate the position of the vehicle. Then RF technology is used to penetrate obstacles and thus facilitate tracking of vehicles in covered places such as buildings, garages and cargo containers.
Self-powered back up battery
Keeps the unit active, for a limited period of time, when your vehicle's battery is disconnected or runs flat over a period of time.
National Network Coverage
Enables tracking of your vehicle throughout South Africa, provided GSM coverage is available from our chosen network provider.
The functionality of unit is automatically tested at regular intervals however, you are required to test your unit at least once a month.
24/7 National Operations Centre
24/7, 365 days access to Matrix Recovery Services. With dedicated and highly trained personnel at your disposal we can deal with your emergencies in a professional manner. Thus, you can always have peace-of-mind assurance knowing that help is always just a phone call away.
Dedicated Recovery Teams
Access to privately contracted rapid response agents in association with the SAPS, nationally.
No additional costs when recovery is made for stolen and / or hijacked vehicles. This is why MiX Telematics not only offers a dedicated team of highly experienced recovery personnel equipped with rapid-response helicopters and ground response vehicles to our customers, but we offer this all absolutely free** of charge.
Contact the MiX Telematics at any time to the day to test your unit.
* Recovery process does not necessarily involve the use of the helicopter service.
** Terms and Conditions Apply
- May lower your premium with most insurers
- Enables tracking of your vehicle throughout South Africa, provided GSM coverage is available from our chosen network provider.
- 24/7, 365 day access to Matrix Recovery Services
- Access to privately contracted rapid response agents in association with the SAPS, nationally.
- No additional costs when a real recovery is made for stolen and/or hijacked vehicles.
- Contact Matrix at any time of the day to test your unit.
- Alerts Matrix when your battery is being tampered with.
- Enables you to locate your vehicle(s) anytime of the day or night.
- Enables positioning the location of your vehicle.
- Early warning system alerting Matrix should your DID not be present when your vehicle is being driven.
- Enables you to transmit a silent distress signal when you sense danger by pressing any one of the 3 buttons on the remote for longer than 3 seconds.
- Track your vehicle(s) anytime, anywhere with any Smartphone device in real-time.
MiX Telematics, under it’s Matrix brand - became the first company in South Africa to introduce the combined use of GSM and RF technology in vehicle tracking units. Our entry level model the MX1 uses both of these technologies to track and locate your vehicle.
What is the difference in the technologies and how do they work?
GSM refers to the Global System for Mobile Communications – more commonly known as Cell-Phone Technology. MiX Telematics uses an extensive GSM network across South Africa that enables us to triangulate the position of your vehicle.
The MX2 also supports a Radio Frequency (RF) beacon technology to track the vehicle to its exact location during a recovery.