Strategic Sales Executive, North America
This position is only for US Residents or Citizens currently living in the US. This position will be based in North America.
The Strategic Sales Executive serves as subject matter expert on the subject of transportation road safety, compliance, and fleet efficiencies for our clientele. Utilizing the performance data obtained from MiX Telematics products and services, combined with industry and local data, conclusions are drawn on the client's driving performance along with recommendations for products and services to improve the overall fleet performance, safety and compliance. The relationships will be held with senior and corporate levels within the client's organization and a bi-product of the relationship will be to identify and close sales opportunities with the enterprise fleets in North America.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define a sales target list of fleets with 250 or more vehicles
- List to include company name, telematics system, fleet size and contact name(s) at a minimum
- Benchmark prospects telematics business objectives
- Create a strategic sales strategy for each company on the target list (WIN Strategy)
- Map the organization to define roles and responsibilities for the people involved in the telematics purchasing decision
- Meet regularly with prospects telematics sponsor to review sales process and make recommendations for further improvements, including preparing ROI
- Close opportunities to meet Quarterly and FY revenue quotas
- Meet periodically to review the effectiveness of the strategy and revise as appropriate
- Field sales enquiries from prospects and close with the assistance of the executive team
- Managing the contracting process ensuring that service deliverables are in line with the customers’ business objectives
- Consistently update all opportunities, notes, and activities in Salesforce.com
- Provide insight and strategic thinking to the Executive team and Account Managers
- Share product knowledge and industry trends with the Product Development team
- Engaging with local bodies and presenting to industry and public forums on the subject of road safety and/or telematics related topics
- Attend relevant trade shows and meetings to effectively network and build relationships with people from the target list
- Researching road safety strategies and initiatives and share best practice
- Write and submit road safety focused white papers to industry bodies
- Work with RSO and Partners attempting to grow business with specific client to help navigate specific needs to close deals
- Work towards Global Agreements for decentralized implementation for strategic customers
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven strategic sales management skills
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, wireless networks, etc)
- Motivated, goal oriented, solution focused
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- College Bachelor degree, Masters degree preferred Strategic Sales Executive
The Strategic Sales Executive targets the enterprise fleet prospects in North America. A list of target accounts will be identified and approved by MiX Telematics North America EVP of Sales. Each account will be documented and maintained in Salesforce.com. This role is very significant to the N. American RSO and is expected to drive significant revenue and be a strong strategic partner to the organization.
Responsible for defining the strategic sales plan (WIN Strategy) for each account on the target list. This includes identifying relevant business objectives of the prospect to increase MiX Telematics ability to win opportunities with the account. Many accounts will have telematics solutions in place when engaged. The Strategic Sales Executive will need to know when the accounts contracts are ending to ensure they are engaged as the new opportunity comes to term.
The Strategic Sales Executive reports to the EVP of Sales North America.
Submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org